portrait of my son, once a week, every week for one year
Little man, last night you had Daddy and I leap out of bed and run to your room at 2:45am when you started choking. You were covered in your first real person vomit (not like those baby spews) and you were petrified. We changed you, bathed you and tucked you into bed beside us where you lay restless and retching the whole night. There’s nothing like a sick bub to make a mama pick up on the slackness of memory documenting. I looked at you and your tiny person in our big bed and I fell in love with you all over again. Like I do every day.
So here, my love is a recap of the last 13 weeks of your life.
THINGS THAT HAPPENED
1. You were big enough to fit sitting up in the trolley. Thus began a love affair with doing the shopping (and pulling things off shelves).
2. You tried to eat weeds whilst I was gardening, but I tricked you into eating spinach from the garden instead.
3. Uncle Colin turned 30 and we went to the Cider House, you loved the fruit on the trees.
4. You and I spent a gorgeous afternoon by the river together.
5. Your hair is getting longer, but refuses to lie flat. People are starting to ask me if I style it with product. The answer is no.
6. You made an appearance at Book Club and once again stole the show.
7. We turned your car seat front facing and you, all of a sudden chilled out about car journeys.
8. Just in time for our 3 hour drive for a weekend with friends in Margaret River, here you are looking out the pub window.
9. You broke your first two bottom teeth. At the same time.
10. You slept like an angel.
11. You said bye to Uncle Gerdy when he left for Melbourne. You’ll miss him a lot.
12. You had your first swimming pool experience and loved it.
13. You slept in the car and looked damn cute while doing it.
Every day you amaze me little dude. Every single day.
All my love,
Naomi (aka Mum)
Joining in Jodi’s 52 Project at our own pace.