portrait of my son, once a week, every week for one year
You’re 29 weeks old now buddy. And the last month has passed in a haze of illnesses, deadlines and sleepless nights. I’m hearing stories left, right and center of other babies sleeping 11 & 12 hour nights. We’ll need to organise a sit down talk between you and these kids because you clearly didn’t get that email. As we speak it’s 3:36pm and I’ve been up since 2:30am. But then I get up in the morning and look at that wee face and suddenly 3 hours sleep seems almost enough (but not quite…).
THINGS ROCKING YOUR WORLD
1. Everything and everyone get a smile out of you these days. But you still reserve the biggest ones for your Daddy and I.
2. The bath… For a while there you loved it. Then you hated it. Now you love it again. Splashing has become your new bath time marvel.
3. Your bouncer. Bouncing bouncing bouncing, always bouncing. There are very few baby contraptions that I’d describe as ‘a life saver’ but this is one of them, for sure.
4. Tickles, toy fights and hanging upside down. You’re becoming more and more boisterous and I’m loving the playtime just as much as you.
5. We were recently tipped to respond to your baby babble by exactly mimicking your noises, this has opened up a whole world of conversation between us. You talk to me so intentionally now and we have the best nonsensical chats.
THINGS NOT CUTTING THE MUSTARD
1. When I leave your side, even for a split second to walk 2 feet away. Apparently this is the age you experience separation anxiety. It’s exhausting, for both of us.
2. Falling asleep indoors at nap times. Every nap begins in your pram on the porch, you can’t get enough of the lulling leaves on the trees.
My little man, you are just incredible.
I love you more and more every day.
Naomi (aka Mum)
Joining in Jodi’s 52 Project at our own pace.